- NOTES and QUOTES for the last few days of February!
- It is a Leap year this year…. Happy Birthday to all you February 29th children!
- I am so excited we get one extra day this year to live our lives! How are you going to spend your “extra” 24 hours?
- I came across something by Carl Sandburg that reminded me to make sure I decide the best way to spend my time and not allow someone else to dictate how I spend it!
- “Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you.” ~Carl Sandburg~
- I thought it would be fun to play with the letters of LEAP YEAR….
- Love yourself for who you are, today, right now.
- Everyday is a miracle!
- Acknowledge yourself today!
- Present Moment is all we really have!
- You are the only you that will ever be, so know that YOU COUNT TOO!
- Each day we choose how we are going to show up…
- Allow yourself to be a part of life!
- Risk stepping out of your comfort zone and see what happens!
I am knowing that you will have a great “extra day” this year!
Until next Time,
How many times have you heard someone tell you that you should be grateful? I think we all know it deep down inside somewhere that we would like to be grateful for what we have in our lives. To maintain gratitude on a daily basis is a challenge for most of us in this somewhat chaotic world. A lot of us gravitate towards complaining, finding that a whole lot easier than being grateful. Actually, in Fearless Living we realize complaining is a great way to advertise your fears! Just keep on complaining and somebody will start to figure out the fears that are running your life!
You know what I complain about? People who complain! I want EVERYONE to be grateful! Well guess what? I need to turn that complaint of mine into a gratitude.
Here is an example of turning a Complaint into a Gratitude.
Complaint: I can’t stand people complaining all the time!!!!!!
Gratitude: I am grateful for what I have in my life.
Now, the focus is on MY gratefulness, so I can get more specific.
I am grateful for a loving husband.
I am grateful for 3 beautiful daughters.
I am grateful for my sense of humor.
Gratitudes are things in our lives that are outside of ourselves. Other people, nature, events, weather…
You try it now…Grab your notepad and take one of your top complaints and turn it into a gratitude. Try it, it’s fun.
I can’t stand_________. Turns to: I am grateful for______________.
Practice this all week. Start with one or two and work your way up to five!!!!!
Before you know it, you will have mastered the Art of Gratefulness!!!!
Until next Time,
I love dictionaries! I have a dictionary my dad gave me before I went off to college. I still use that dictionary, unless I am feeling pretty lazy or in a hurry, then I use my spotlight on my Mac!
Well, what I am getting at here is I looked up the definition of willingness and found:
Willingness; noun: the quality or state of being prepared to do something; readiness
In Fearless Living, February is the month of Willingness. Last month we became aware of our fears and expectations. We are at a crosswalk now… deciding if we are willing to begin to see that we can change our minds and live with a little more intention and purpose.
When I think of the possibilities that willingness can bring, it reminds me of a song I heard once that said, “Awake my soul and sing!”
We can begin to see things differently. It doesn’t have to be black or white. We can be willing to explore the grey areas. This is where I am doing my exploration! I used to be black or white…all or nothing… good or bad….
Are you ready? Are you prepared to become willing to take one little tip toe out of your comfort zone and see that perhaps you could feel your feelings, you could let yourself be vulnerable and maybe become willing to be your true self even if it is only for 3 minutes today. You might even wave to your neighbor, or hug your son or be willing to drop the laundry and go for a walk with your spouse.
Grab your notepad and scribble down I AM WILLING TO____________. Fill in the blank and see what shows up.
What possibilities could appear in your life if you became Willing?
Follow me above and receive your copy of Fearless Journey Life Coach directly into your inbox and if you need a little more personal support check out the above Coach with Maureen page.
Until next time,